Tuesday 9 December 2008

Week 9

This week we had to animate our walks that we recorded in 2D and 3D.

This is my walk in 2D



The problems with this are:
- I think i could have exagerated the movements more to make the character look more happy.
- The arms change length during the animation
- The volume of the left leg is a bit inconsistant
- Could have been better with more squash and stretch.

What went well is:
- The timing of the walk is good.
- The movement of the arms are more flowing than previous animations.
- You can see the bend in the feet as the character picks it up alot more clearly in this walk.
- There is no limp in the walk
- The character does have a bounce in its walk and it is quite quick which shows a happy emotion.

This is my 3D walk



The problems with this are:
- The timing is a little bit too fast.
- The bounce in the characters walk looks a bit mechanical and should have been more flowing.
- The arms look a little mechanical as well.

What went well is:
- I think the movements of the legs and feet worked well apart from the right foot looks a bit strange when it makes contact with the floor as the foot bounces slightly.
- I think the twist in the characters body as it walks looks good.
- The bounce in the characters walk does show a happy emotion.

Life drawing















In this life drawing lesson we did a series of quick poses. I think that i have improved in my proportions of the figure over the weeks but now need to improve on the weight of the figures in my drawings.

No comments: