Wednesday 17 February 2010

Characters

I started off by designing my doctor character as he is the main character and i thought he would be the most difficult.

i started off by collecting some images of what i wanted him to look like.















I then made a brain storm of what i wanted his personality to be to help me when designing him.















I then went on to sketching out some ideas for my doctor. I Found designing the doctor very difficult as i couldn't really imagine what he would look like in my head without thinking about the actual doctor who character. I didn't want him to look good looking but not ugly either.















These are the character sheets i produced for my doctor character. I found this a challenge as i found it difficult to draw him with different expressions and at different angles but still look the same.




































This is the doctor in the style that i want for my design. I think i need to make the line more sketchy but other than that i like the textures and colour i used. I think out of all the characters i designed the doctor needs the most improvement as i think he is dull. However im not really sure how to improve him without making him look worse apart from starting from scratch.

Then i went on to designing the doctors assistant rose.





























































I wanted Rose to be the opposite to reinette so that it would make it more interesting. I think she works better than the doctor because i think the way she looks has more personality. I do however feel that her facial features need improving as i think they need to be more expressive.

Here's reinette.








































































Reinette is my favorite character as i think she is the most successful especially the younger one as i think she is very expressive but simple. I think the colour versions of the characters work as the pattern works well for reinette's dress and i think the colour scheme for both characters are appropriate. I think their also successful because i could see them in that time period.

Here's the droid.





























































I think i need to think about colours more with the droid as his mask doesn't look right to me. Im not sure whether the droid has turned out as successful as the other characters. I found him quite difficult because he is a droid so he doesn't really have much of a personality apart from the fact that he is supposed to be scary. I do like his character sheet but think i need to improve on the colours i used for him.

No comments: