Tuesday 17 February 2009

week 4/5

Snoooooow Day!!! we did attempt at making a snowman of mickey but gave up and ended up having snowball fight!

Essay finished this week too yay! I did actually end up enjoying writing my essay in the end even though had slight panic attack when first heard about it, but it ended up being quite interesting. Think it went alright, though i really want to know my mark =S

In Modeling we finished off with learning about how to use lighting which when we started i found easy but again steadily became complicated. Also i made and finished my room.


This is a sketch of what my room is going to look like. I want it to look like it is at nightime.











This is what the model of the room looked like before i started adding the lighting and textures. I thought the duvet on the bed could have been improved to make it look smoother but thought it had a quilted effect so i left it.











I then started adding textures to my room. I started with using rainbow colours on the bed and rug to go along with the childrens style room but then decided the colours were too busy and changed it.










This is what the finished room looks like. I decided to use blue colours instead as it didn't look so busy. I tried to keep it simple as well and not use complicated textures. I think the window looks really effective and i love how the light is coming from the moon (though looks more like a sun in some ways because of the colour) I think the lighting worked well in this room however i didn't feel i got the shadows right. Overall i think my room went well however i think i could have improved it if i had more time.




Also we handed in our environment project. The last environment we had to create was an outdoors coloured environment and i decided to use a monochrome palet and just use shades of blues. Again i decided to create it digitally as i really want to improve my skills.

This is the drawn version of my environment.














This is the coloured version. I think this background works better than the previous as you can't see all the sketchy outlines and i blended the shapes and colours more. I really like how this image turned out though im still not sure wether i got the lighting right.

No comments: