Sunday 15 March 2009

Ident Character

I had a look for some inspiration for what my character is going to look like. While i was thinking about the idea for my ident and the character the first thing i thought was charlie chaplin so he is my main inspiration.



I had a look at some films produced by him and found that he has very exagerated jerky movements, which is how i want my animation to look.

I took a load of images from the internet as inspiration and then started to draw ideas for my character.


























After drawing some ideas for my character i ended up with this.



I decided to keep my character simple and tried to make him look a little modern as well being old fashioned. I wanted to keep him simple so that i would be able to model him in 3D.









This is the model of my character that i made in maya. I would make a rendered version of the turnaround but not sure how i do that yet which gives me something else i need to learn. I like how my model has turned out and i think it is similar to my character design. I am glad that i chose to use maya to make my ident as i learned a lot from making this, and also making this helped me remember and improve the skills that i learned in class.

I then went on to make a skeleton for my character and i made a test of how i want the character to walk.


I like how my character is moving and think it is ready to animate with.

No comments: