Wednesday 21 April 2010

Back for summer terrrm!!

ok so plan is to be organized and to actually stick to it!!! SO... so far i have been making a list of the projects we have to work on this term.

One! the negotiated brief when first thinking about this i kept changing my mind on what i wanted to do but finally decided to work on backgrounds. I decided this because i have been working on animating shots for Cherie's project (which i got done before the end of hols Yay!) and felt i learnt more about animating by doing that and felt i needed to learn more in the pre production area as i am also interested in this aspect of animation. I feel backgrounds are my weakest point and by designing backgrounds i will hopefully also be able to learn and improve painting/drawing skills, effective use of colour and effective camera angles. We pitched our idea and kathy suggested i think of my own story and create backgrounds for this. I would have to create a rough storyboard for this and possibly some rough characters.

Two! Animation Technology, I found the lectures interesting as i didn't realise how far back you could see the influences for the computer and looking at the development of the technology. For this we will have to produce an essay!! O.O to look at the history of a certain technology that assists animation and plans for it in the future.


Three! Post Production, found this lecture amusing and learnt how sound and voice actors are used in animation. For next week we have to edit a sound clip in Sound Booth so that the dialogue that is being said flows correctly. This will be useful as i haven't used the software in a while so will refresh my memory of how to use it.


Four! Animation Development, Where we will have to think of our own ideas and make a design bible and pitch the idea to someone from the industry. we will also have to make a storyboard and animatic so alot of work!! but im excited to do it as i really enjoy working on things that are my own idea and hopefully will think of an idea which will get me really excited to work on so i will produce better work and be more confident when it comes to the pitch =)


Finally! Dissertation Proposal, I feel pretty confident with this as i know my argument already and i have enjoyed researching the topic so far. My topic is: Why do audiences empathize or relate more to non-human creatures or caricatured humans more than realistic looking humans.


So it is going to be a busy term! but hopefully i can be a lot more organized and not stay on the beach too much O=)

No comments: