Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Pitch

Pitch project done and i feel that i need to improve my presenting skills. I did practise and wrote notes down but when it came to it i tried to remember it from memory and that was a bad idea as i lost my place. Im not sure whether i presented it very clearly either though i can't really remember what i did because of nerves, though they seemed to understand the idea.

I enjoyed working on this project and feel that my idea has potential but still needs work to improve it. I feel my characters are the strongest in this project the environments and storyboard however i feel need improvement. It was fun to do this project as i got to think of my own idea for an animation which i should really do more in my free time. I do have problems with thinking about my own idea as i can usually get a good basis of an idea but its never really finished. I would really like to take some of the other ideas i thought of when brain storming for both the pitch and negotiated project and take them further and design characters and concept for them.

For my third year i probrably won't be working on this idea unless i found some people that would be interested to work on it as i don't want to work on an idea on my own and would like to work in a team. This term has deffinately been a learning curve for me as i have decided that i am more interested in the animating aspect of animation. Though i still love character design and other areas of pre production i feel that it is something i need to improve in my spare time.

I have decided as an idea for the summer i would like to design two characters that have a tom and jerry type of relationship as i really like slapstick humor. I would then like to model and rig them and make short animations with them. Only focusing on the characters and the animation and i could then add this too my show reel. However if i don't have enough time i would atleast like to thumbnail some ideas and i plan to enter the 11 second club over the summer as well and could animate with the rigs that are already on that site. Least now i know what i want to do so now i just need to PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE!!! =D

No comments: