Thursday 6 November 2008

Week 4

2d animation

I really enjoyed this weeks lesson as i really wanted to see what the outcome of my drawings were gunna be. This week we were focusing on emotion and we had to animate two characters one character was small and submissive the other was a larger and more dominant character. The little character had to do something to annoy the larger one. This is my outcome.




I am pleased with my outcome however i need to work on the volume of my characters as the larger character gradually grew as the animation went on. The reactions near the end where the big one gets up seem too quick and they are hard to follow as too much is going on. Also i think i needed to make the little character look more depressed when he was getting told off as you don't feel enough sympathy for it. I think when the little character walks off at the end of the animation is too fast as he should be more depressed and dragging himself more, it looks like on this that he is just hurrying away.


3d Animation

I enjoyed this lesson more than the others as we were trying to make a character jump off a wall instead of using a ball which i found a lot of fun.




I think the squash and stretch and the arms in this worked well. I think the timing might have been a little slow. Also i didn't add any overlap to this which if i did would have made it more realistic.


Life Drawing

Im starting to loosen up a bit with my drawings and think i am slowly improving =). But i need to get quicker with my drawings as with the quick poses we did this week i didn't have a chance to add any detail. I need to improve my proportions as well.

No comments: