Sunday 29 November 2009

11 second club finished



FINISHED!!!! =D this is the rendered animation. I did change the colour of the house cause thought it looked more depressing being grey. I am very happy with my outcome as it turned out better than i expected as i was starting to worry. I feel the character definately shows emotion which makes it come alive. I do feel however that it does still look robotic but i think thats because i made this animation by doing pose to pose instead of as i usually do which is straight through. But by doing pose to pose i feel i created stronger poses for my character which i wouldn't have been able to do the other way. I will definately aim to make my animations more fluid and less robotic and the only way i'll be able to do that is by PRACTISE!! =D which is definately what i have learnt from doing this project. I still feel i want to do character animation even though this project did stress me out a bit but i definately have an interest in it and feel like i've achieved something when i see the final animation.

The things that went well with this animation are:
  • The poses are strong
  • The timing between the poses i feel works well.
  • The camera angle of the animation is interesting to the audience and you can read the poses well from it.
  • The eyes i feel work well as i feel he blinks at the right time and it doesn't look unnatural.
Things that went badly:
  • movement still looks robotic and needs to be more fluid.
  • Lip sync is a bit out of time though i feel the second half of the lip sync works better but is probrably because you can see it clearer.
  • I found it hard to get the pupils of the eyes to move right and i am still not sure whether its right or not =/.
  • One of the things that makes the character look robotic is that some of his movements to different poses are all at the same time so i should have changed that and offset it more.

No comments: