Saturday 14 November 2009

11 second club Idea

For the 11 second club animation i have decided to use the cacoon of horror sound clip as i thought it would be more challenging.

I started off by thinking up different scenarios that the character could be in and drew up rough storyboards for them.

I started by thinking of the obvious like the character could be in bed feeling ill. I didn't think this idea would work as its not very interesting.












I then thought i could have the character lying on a rug with the character looking down on him to make him look even more depressed and pathetic to the audience. The poses in this are more interesting but think the scenario is dull.










With this idea the character is drunk at a bar which i thought was fitting for the sound clip as he sounds like he is talking complete nonsense. Again i like the poses however i think this idea will be hard to get reference footage for unless the person is drunk themselves. I think animating a drunk character would be hard to as they are very unpredictable. Also i feel that if he were drunk his movements would have to be very sluggish and sway alot and i don't think i would be able to fit that in in 11 seconds =/. I will see how the reference footage looks and then decide.




The character in this scenario is shouting out of a window and then looking up into the sky when he says about eating the whip cream as if he's asking for forgiveness. I want the camera angle in this to be looking down on the character from above to make the audience sympathise with him as well as emphasising the fact that he's sad. I think having the character shouting out of a window is good as it emphasises the feeling of the character being trapped. I think the poses in this will work too as they are exagerated but i don't feel they are too exagerated.


I then went on to film reference footage for the bar and window idea.

This is the footage for the bar idea. And from this i decided i can't get good enough reference footage and theres not enough time to make the character look drunk.

This is the reference footage for the window idea. One is of me getting the acting right then i took some footage of my housemate acting it to get an idea of the angle.








I set up what the animation would look like in maya as well and used the dee rig for now as i didn't understand how to use the other rig =S. I feel that the majority of the poses are readable apart for the crying poses which may be a problem =/.
















No comments: