Sunday 14 March 2010

Pre Production Design Bible

Pre production design bible finished!! and im quite happy with the end result what i like more is that i personally can see improvement in my design work. I've found it a good experience doing this project as it made me realise that i really enjoy the pre production side of animation as well as the production side of things so it has given me things to think about. I have to say i enjoyed designing the characters more than designing environments which is probrably because i don't tend to draw landscapes or environments in general so felt i wasn't as strong in this area. Because of this i feel i need to practise drawing environments to improve my designs in the future. I also need to practise drawing characters faces at different angles as i found that a challenge in this project. I feel the research helped me with this project in designing the environments and characters. I do feel however that i should have spent more time on the doctor like i have said before im still not really happy with him and feel he is the weakest of my characters. I think this is because i couldn't really get the thought of the actual doctor who out of my head so it was hard to design him.

These are a few pages from my design bible.


No comments: